Isle of Man TT & other road races

youtube linkovi su se ukopali u stranicu,pa ih treba svakoga posebno copy-paste da se podignu opet, steta da ostanu ukopani jer ima dosta kvalitetnih filmica sto duzih i sto onih kracih,da li ima nacin da se to vrati na staro?

Online TT Lock In Feature Breaks Cover

TT Races organisers have unveiled this morning the TT Lock-In feature, which will take centre stage on iomttraces.com from the 6th-13th of June.

Compered by You Tube personality Chris Pritchard, 2009 Senior TT winner Steve Plater, highlights for Mountain Course racing fans worldwide to look forward to include interviews with the likes of Peter Hickman, Dean Harrison, Carl Fogarty, Phillip McCallen, James Hillier and many, many more.

There’s also various great races showcased, another opportunity to watch the well received 3-Wheeling moving picture, documentaries including the public decided top twenty TT Racers in history and the Virtual TT supported by Motul.

Eight racers including Honda Racing’s Davey Todd, Manx hero Conor Cummins are scheduled to battle it out for the chance to be crowned online (Virtual) TT 2020 Champion.

A full run-down of what to expect day by day from the TT Lock-In feature, is available via the following link:

mcguinness.jpg

‘There’s no help for road racers, we’re just a number’ - McGuinness

Isle of Man TT legend John McGuinness was due to start his 30th year of motorcycle racing in 2020 but his season has panned out in a far different way due to the cornavirus shutdown.

Rather than reigniting his career with the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team, he’s been resigned to gardening, carrying out jobs around the house and watching TV boxsets instead.

The Morecambe Missile has been around long enough to know the sport inside out but even he knows the pandemic is something that no-one has ever seen before.

Despite his past success, the 48-year old, like many other riders, is facing a year without any form of income, the cancellation of the Isle of Man TT and North West 200 wiping out any chance of a pay day – but he’s confident the sport has what it takes to survive.

“Everything revolves around racing for me and it’s pretty much all I know. Like Michael (Rutter), for years all we’ve done is go racing and if we’re not racing, we’re attending chat shows, bike shows, all sorts but this year I’ve done absolutely nothing,” McGuinness told bikesportnews.com

“As well as the shows, road racing is where we can earn a few quid now whether it’s start money or prize money but I won’t earn a penny this year.”

“Don’t get me wrong, there’ll be people in a worse position than me but there’s no help for road racers this year. We’re just another number. At the end of the day, riding motorbikes and racing isn’t figuring in any of the government’s decisions – we’re not a big sport like football.

As well as his road racing campaign with Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki, McGuinness was due to contest the Ducati TriOptions Cup but if the season gets the go ahead and racing can re-start, he’s ready to go. And Pete Extance from Bournemouth Kawasaki has indicated to McGuinness that there’ll tackle the roads together next season. But he admits to not knowing how this year will unfold.

“My diary’s normally rammed for the year but it isn’t now and I don’t know when things will start happening again. Everyone’s working flat out to make it happen, obviously, but I think it’s going to be difficult.

“How can you have eight marshals on a post when social distancing is in place, let alone have a full paddock? And no spectators. Half of me wants to see some sort of racing in the UK but half of me wants to just say ‘forget it lads, let’s all come back next year’.”

“If someone was to wave a magic wand and say, we’re definitely going racing in August, great, we’d all know where we stand but it’s all an unknown quantity at present and we’ve got to be patient. Racers are renowned for being selfish though so it doesn’t come easy. This year was a new start for me, even at my age, but I’m fortunate as Pete, Bournemouth Kawasaki and the team are still with me and we’ve already spoken about 2021. I’ll be 49 then so it won’t be any easier but I’ll be having another go.”

ubacivanje slika je sad bolje,prije je bilo zajebano npr.stavit sliku na pocetak nekog clanka ili linka,a sad se moze postaviti di god se hoce bez problema,odlicna stvar.

Some good could come from racing’s pandemic shutdown – Rutter
TK1_9240.jpg

Seasoned campaigner Michael Rutter was gearing up for another busy season of road British championship racing in 2020, where he’d signed reigning champion Richard Cooper for a concerted attack on the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 series, only for the coronavirus pandemic to intervene.

Continuing his dual role as both team manager and rider, Rutter has been keeping busy in the interim period, preparing the Bathams Racing BMW S1000RRs for when racing resumes but he believes the short term outcome may see a change in the landscape of racing as we’ve known it in recent years. And he also believes some good may come out of it with costs significantly reducing.

“It couldn’t have happened at a worse time for some teams as, financially, things tend to get a bit easier once the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT are out the way,” Rutter told bikesportnews.com.

“All sponsors work in different ways with some paying up front at the beginning of the season and others paying in instalments as the season goes on so some teams will be hoping to get some racing in before the end of the season.

“From a team perspective, I’m one of the more fortunate ones as I have a really good, long term relationship with Bathams and everything was paid for up front whilst there’s only myself and Alec (Tague) in terms of full time staff; we’re not like a BSB team in terms of that aspect.”

Big or small, Rutter believes all teams will suffer in the BSB and road racing paddocks and we may see a scaled down version in some areas in the immediate months ahead although that may not be a bad thing.

“We’ve never been in this position before but racing somehow always carries on no matter what. Racing may look a bit different when it does get back underway as people will have to scale back from a financial point of view. And that’s not a bad thing as things have spiralled a bit out of control in recent years.

“Big sponsors may have gone bust and smaller sponsors, who chuck in a grand or so, who are equally important, may not be able to do that anymore.

“We’re running in the Superstock 1000 Championship again but the costs of our team aren’t that far off those that you see in Superbike so the sport needs a bit of a reset. Racing may need to be simpler and become a throwback to twenty years ago when people just went racing in a van, not with an artic and hospitality.

“A lot of us remember those days fondly but we also remember the state of the toilets at places like Cadwell! The money that’s gone into the sport has benefited us in a number of ways in terms of the work that’s been done at the circuits whether it’s circuit safety and facilities, which have both come on leaps and bounds, and TV. But, like all other sports at the moment – however big or small – the costs need to be looked at.”

Three day meetings is an area that Rutter believes may not be needed with a return to two -ay events a possibility. A reduction in time spent at the circuits would certainly help reduce costs for all concerned.

“Cutting back on the time spent at circuits and also the size of some of the teams would help with costs. A lot of people have day jobs that may have been affected by the pandemic so getting time off to go racing may not be as easy as it once was.

“Some people start setting up on Wednesday’s and I don’t think that will be feasible for a lot of people going forward as priorities have changed. Everyone will have to lose something whether its teams, riders or the tracks.

“At the same time, other opportunities may arise and we may see bigger fields at the likes of the Stars at Darley and Mallory Race of the Year, a bit like the old days when we had a lot of non-Championship races during the year. I’m not saying that will happen but someone, somewhere will always benefit no matter what the situation.”

“It’s the same with sponsors. Sponsors are definitely going to go away from the sport but, at the same time, others will come in as there’ll always be people who want to be involved. Some may no longer have the funds to be in F1, Moto GP or WSB but they may see BSB as an opportunity. Like I said, there’ll always be some people to benefit.”

As mentioned, Rutter has no doubt racing will continue on the mainland and also on the roads, certainly the Internationals anyway. It may experience a dip in terms of entries but he’s certain most people will be back.

“The TT and NW200 might not be as strong in the short term as people are going to have to cut back their costs but both events will go ahead. They’re both a major source of income to their respective economies so people will want to make it happen – there’s nothing to replace it.

“I hope we do have some racing in the UK this year, for all concerned, but it may be I just end up riding at Macau, if that goes ahead. That would be a full year away from racing but everyone’s sensible enough to take things steady out there. If you haven’t tested the bike it may be an issue, but most people will be dialled in after a few laps.”

biti ce dobro ako se nesto od ovoga odvozi.

2020 World Roads Calendar Update 2

Although the Oliver’s Mount Summer Cup, IRRC Horice, Kopcany Road Races have joined the TT, North West 200, Ulster Grand Prix, Southern 100, Manx Grand Prix and Classic TT Races on the sidelines for 2020, there’s still a decent possibility for multiple road race meetings to take place this year.

Events planned to take place include the Scarborough based Barry Sheene Classic, the rescheduled Cookstown 100, Tandragee 100, Aberdare Park Road Races, Czech Road Racing at Dymokury, the famous San Pedro Martir Hill Climb in Mexico and the iconic Macau Grand Prix.

Here’s the latest update on how the 2020 road racing calendar is now shaping up:

14th-16th August Barry Sheene Classic
5th-6th September Dymokury
11th-12th September Cookstown 100 (Subject to approval)
11th-13th September Scarborough Gold Cup – Oliver’s Mount

19th-20th September IRRC Frohburg
2nd-3rd October San Pedro Martir Hill Climb
3rd-4th October Aberdare Park Road Races
25th October Greymouth Street Races
13th-15th November Cain Road Race
19th-22nd November Macau Grand Prix
26th December Cemetery Circuit Races
TBC Tandragee 100