Isle of Man TT & other road races

Local lad Jorge Halliday will make his debut at this year’s Isle of Man TT Races. Competing in the two
Supersport Races, he's following in the footsteps of his father Mark, a former sidecar competitor at the TT.

Attachments

• i1.jpg
    i1.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: MarK5
Spominjao sam da je na Grobniku jednom prilikom vozio i jedan od najvećih svih vremena legendarni Joey Dunlop kralj ceste i Mana koji je osvojio na cesti sve šta se moglo,. a poginuo je na jednoj utrci u Estoniji 2000 god. Neki s kojima sam znao pričat o moto povjesti su se znali i nasmijati na to kad bi spomenuo jer je fakat bilo teško povjerovati da je sjeverni irac ,kralj ceste mogao voziti i na Grobniku. :oops:

Dakle riječ je o legendi road race utrka ali u moto gp cirkusu sudjelovao je svega 2 godine i to u 350ccm par puta (krajem 70-ih) bez nekog uspjeha, ali vozio je i u 750cc koja se ugasila 1979. kad je svjetski prvak postao francuz Patrick Pons, a koji je nešto kasnije poginuo u Silverstonu.

Obzirom da se Dunlop nije plasirao na utrku na grobnjači jer je, po mom sjećanju imao pad i ozljedu, nisam mogao nigdje godinama pronaći bilo kakav trag o tome da je Dunlop vozio tu kod nas, čak sam pitao i u Ballymoney Museumu jednom prilikom kad sam bio u S. Irskoj i tamo je ljubazna gospođa objašnjavala kako Dunlop zasigurno nije bio u ondašnjoj jugi jer nem nikakvih podataka o tome....itd... :(

No, neki dan sam naišao na jedan stari članak u kojem se ipak spominje njegovo prisustvo na Grobniku, mislim da je to jedini dokaz onoga što je do sad živjelo samo u mom sjećanju...da, Joey Dunlop je bio na Grobniku i to bi trebalo da se zapiše zlatnim slovima u povjest Automotodroma

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news...l-can-to-his-knee-and-go-out-and-raceampquot/

u kojem lijepo piše :

"......Ian Switzer, Embassy Irish 500cc champion back in 1983, has an abiding mental picture of Joey at Yugoslavia’s Rijeka circuit in 1979. ” We’d just arrived and there he was set up with his old 408 Mercedes, with a tent lashed to it and held down by old starter motors. He was living on toast and tins of baby potatoes, because he could recognise the picture on the can.

” He’d work all night, get a wake-up call about 15 minutes before practice, tape these bits of plastic oil can to his knees and off he’d go. The rest of the paddock was pretty flash and professional, but Joey was just doing it his way. ” ......."

Eto, za vas mlađe to i nije nešto, neki se vjerojatno pitaju tko je taj Dunlop uopće ... no nama malo starijima će ovo vratiti misli u neka bolja vremena grobnjače ;):cool:👍.

Baš mi je drago da sam ovo pronašao jbg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Guy Martin opened up on diagnosis after struggle in public eye: 'I stay away from crowds'​

The British former motorcycle racer is a heavy vehicle mechanic, who is known for a string of travel programmes during an interview about the series the following year, Guy opened about his diagnosis of Asperger’s Syndrome.
Speaking to the Sunday Times Driving, he spoke about what it was like to have Asperger’s while dealing with the pressures of being a celebrity.

He told the publication he was unsure if his diagnosis was helpful but that he was able to manage his fame.
As a coping strategy, Guy said: “I try to stay away from crowds.”

He also revealed that was surprised to discover that he even had a loyal following of fans in India.
He said: “I get out there and every man and his dog knows who I am, and I’m, like, ‘How do you know who I am? I’m from bloody Grimsby!’”

Asperger’s is now considered part of the umbrella diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5 (DSM-5).

People diagnosed with Asperger’s can have difficulty with social interactions and can be hypersensitive to sensory input.
They may also be good at recognising patterns and display high attention to detail in some tasks.
Guy spoke about living with Asperger’s when he was interviewed by The Sunday Times.

He said: “It’s true I’ve been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, but I would say: ‘What a load of tripe’.

“They try to put names to it — ‘Oh, he’s like that because of this’. Everyone’s different. We’re all different.”

The star also admitted that his partner at the time had convinced him to seek help, which led to his diagnosis.

He said: “My girlfriend at the time persuaded me to see someone.

“I was turning her crackers, so she forced me — well, not forced me, but she said: ‘Will we go and see this psychologist?’

“Anyway, I sat there for a day, and it turned out it was a form of autism: Asperger’s.”

Guy also appeared to hint at the strengths that Asperger’s can give a person.

He added: “The way I look at it is that maybe having that is why I am the way I am. Maybe that is all down to the autistic side. I don’t know.”

uvik je djelovao kao da nije bas cist. :mrgreen:

rutter-ova RCV igrackica.

Yes, that is indeed a piece of wood keeping the exquisite RCV engine balanced!
The picture doesn’t do justice to just how small and compact the V4 is,
not to mention how lightweight. Full refresh happening soon for the NW200 and TT.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 0
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
Ne pratim uopce utrke, znam na youtube pogledat jedino tt...jel netko od njih presao u moto gp ili superbike? Kako su prosli?

Hicky vozi BSB, rekao bih da se vrti oko 5-6 mjesta. Cestovne utrke su vozili još McG, Hutchy... bez nekih posebnih rezultata. Jedini koji je pobjeđivao na otoku i na utrkama je Foggy. To je ovak iz glave čega se sjećam...

Glen Irvin vozi BSB a dominira u velikim klasama na NW 200. Vozio je Otok prosle godine i bio je oko 10 tog mjesta.

a Agu ste zaboravili???izmedju jos nekoliko drugih vozaca,tema je zanimljiva ali mi se ne tuce kilometar posta.
bolje vam je pratiti cestovno utrkivanje nego razmazene pickice u moto gp-u.:)

evo jednog od vozaca kojemu je misto u temi.(y)