Isle of Man TT & other road races

piljun said:
Ima logike, ako ti se zubi tresu onda se i vid magli . Ovako skocis jednom udari samo

Poslano sa mog SM-G986B koristeći Tapatalk

Saiger je u nekom videu objasnjavao kako na jednom ravnom dijelu staze, uz drvored, zbog neravnina uopce nema osjecaj da li je na 70% ili 90% gasa i da se na tome zapravo stvara najveca razlika. I Emil je pricao nakon povratka da su mu te neravnine, odnosno ovjes, bile najveci problem.

Baš kad ga spominješ nešto razmišljam jel bi se danas moglo tako skoro na blef otić sa parstoeura u džepu il je to.otišlo u totalnu komercijalu di se velike pare vrte.

A čovjek čudo napravio obzirom da stazu ni na tv u nije vidio[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Financijski mislim da bi se čak i moglo jer iako je sada sve višestruko skuplje, danas i amateri za vikend na Grobniku nose duplo više opreme nego što su oni imali na otoku. :mrgreen: Međutim postoje jako velike liste prijavljenih vozača iz cijelog svijeta i to mislim da danas više ne bi prošlo. Emil je uvjeren da su ga pozvali jer prije njega nisu imali HR zastavu.
Ne znam zašto mi se trenutno po glavi vrti da on nije bio jedini sudionik iz Hrvatske, nekada sam negdje naletio na taj podatak ali vjerojatnije je da je neki novinar napuhao urbanu legendu. :mrgreen:

Pa ima negdje na netu popis svih sudionika pa se može provjerit ali sumnjam.

Fakat ne znam, sjećam se da sam to negdje pročitao i da je iznad mene lebdio upitnik. :mrgreen: Zapravo nebitno...

mate said:
Fakat ne znam, sjećam se da sam to negdje pročitao i da je iznad mene lebdio upitnik. :mrgreen: Zapravo nebitno...

Koliko znam on je jedini
Kad su se spremali ( Emila ja osobno ne poznajem ) sa DAC-om sam se cuo skoro svaki dan a po povratku sam imao cijeli izvjestaj sa njegove strane  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To su bile zadnje godina pravog romantizma i to se vise ne moze ponoviti

Inace Joey Dunlop je svake godine dolazio na TT sa ribarskim brodom a jedne godine su se i potopili nadomak luke pa su motori isli na susenje  :LOL:

simpa zenka.  :0648:
btw,slika u rozo-crnom odjelu je sa ulstera.

You broke your own record with a 121.03mph average at the Ulster Grand Prix making you the fastest woman on two wheels. Tell us about that.
The Ulster Grand Prix in Northern Ireland is the world’s fastest motorcycle road race. I first broke the record in 2016 on a 600 but when I got on a 1000 I went even faster and I’ve been breaking my own record ever since, which is where the fastest female time came from.

What’s it like to ride around there?
I love it. It’s intense. Especially on the big bike [Kawasaki ZX-10]. It’s really fast and flowy. The best way to describe it is you’ve got a smile on your helmet but your butt’s clenched. You’re both terrified and thrilled. It’s like a roller coaster: scary but fun at the same time.

Have you any desire to do the ultimate road race, the Isle of Man TT?
I’ve done the North West 200 [red: the next closest thing to the TT] and the Armoy road races in Northern Ireland twice. For the past two years running, I’ve been invited to the TT but it’s hard for me to get over there from the US. I’d have to come out and do a couple of one-week training sessions and then commit to about a month over there. At the moment, it’s difficult for me to take that much time off from my US racing but I’d definitely love to race in the TT.

What’s it like racing in Europe compared to the US?
Racing in America isn’t quite as popular as it is in Europe. When I went to the North West 200 it was unreal how many people attended. It was crazy. I felt like a celebrity. I’ve definitely got a soft spot for it.

Describe the feeling of doing 200mph on the road, whizzing past trees, hedges and lamp posts.
When I sit on the side and watch these road races it’s totally different than participating in them. When you’re on the bike all you’re thinking about is “where’s the next turn”. You don’t think about the grand scheme of it all. Everything is broken down into small bits. Time slows down and you don’t feel like you’re actually going that fast. It looks a lot crazier than it feels.

How do you get into the zone?
For me the worst part is waiting. I just want to go. All the anticipation and the build-up beforehand is where the nerves are. I’m not nervous when I’m riding. Usually right before the race I go into the camper and listen to music and do laps in my head to get more focused. Everyone knows to leave me alone during this time. When I set off I’m fine because everything slows down.

How long does it take to feel comfortable road racing?
It wasn’t until my fifth year of doing it that I went out 100% confident. It’s the little things you pick up in a road race, like a hedge, or a mark on the pavement, that you can use as a brake marker. And it’s things you don’t see until it’s race time. I remember on my fifth year of road racing after coming back in and it suddenly all clicked, and I was like “wow everyone was right”. It’s literally taken me five years before I knew where I was going and what I was doing.

Bike racing is one of the very few universal sports that isn’t segregated by gender. How does it feel racing against men?
In motorcycle racing, there’s no difference physically and mentally between a woman and a man. It’s part of what’s appealing to me. It’s one of the only sports left in the world that’s not gender biased. I like the fact I don’t get any special treatment. I’m under the same rules and regulations as the male next to me. Some people don’t like it, but for me it’s amazing. I know that I’ve qualified as equally as the men and I’m just as fast and worthy to be there. You don’t think about it while you’re riding. Once you put the helmet on everyone’s equal and we all respect each other as riders. Every year there’s more and more women in this sport. The culture is changing.

What’s your advice for aspiring female riders?
Follow your own heart and don’t listen to anyone. If I listened to what the majority of people were telling me I wouldn’t be doing it. Everyone saying I’m too small, too old and so on, that I would be targeted because guys wouldn’t want a girl beating them. Don’t let anything break your determination. Yes, it’s difficult. But that makes it more of a driving factor.

Attachments

• 91196517_3037322406360656_4108069066810327040_o.jpg
    91196517_3037322406360656_4108069066810327040_o.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 79240857_2808491195910446_8383368294517702656_o.jpg
    79240857_2808491195910446_8383368294517702656_o.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 132
  • 78955662_2810910032335229_8416084885772435456_o.jpg
    78955662_2810910032335229_8416084885772435456_o.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 136
I ovo je Road race  :misli:

https://youtu.be/jc-dB4DB7dg

Helicam 2019

https://www.iomttraces.com/videos/racing/best-of-tt-helicam?fbclid=IwAR1n6Ceb943Lm7KsZszlPoAa99flu3QxPc3FEng7rXzTEqNeH8iNATE1whw

mate said:
Nije Moci, nije. Ali je fora filmic.  :jesus: :mrgreen:

A sta kazu forumasi za danasnje motore, ne valja ovjes slabe kocnice malo snage  :mrgreen:

Evo Akrapovic prije skoro 40 godina

Naginjali su te zeljeznice ljudi momacki ali je trebalo imat jaja

Attachments

• Akrapovic.jpg
    Akrapovic.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Akrapovic 1.jpg
    Akrapovic 1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
NW200 Action For 2020 Officially Abandoned

Despite the best efforts of event organisers the Coleraine & District Motor Club Ltd, North West 200 action for 2020 has been officially abandoned due to you guessed it, the Covid-19 pandemic.

Prior to today’s update, organisers had originally postponed the showpiece meeting that takes place on the world famous Triangle roads course.

A statement issued today by the Coleraine & District Motor Club Ltd, about the decision to call off NW200 competition for the first time since 2001, reads as follows:

“Since March the organisers of the NW200 have been in consultation with all of the relevant agencies to explore the possibility of running the event at a later date during 2020.

We have corresponded with officials from the N.I. Executive as well as Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council plus all of the NW200’s stakeholders, considering every option available to us should there be a suitable window of opportunity.

Despite these efforts, it is now obvious the disruption and uncertainty the virus will continue to place on all of our lives and activities in the coming months will make it impossible to deliver the extensive planning required to run an event on the scale of the North West 200.

That being the case, Coleraine and District Motor Club have taken the unfortunate but responsible and necessary decision to cancel the 2020 races. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause for our competitors, volunteers and race fans.

A provisional date for the 2021 fonaCAB and Nicholl Oils NW200 Race Week Festival has already been set for 9th to 15th May. We hope everyone stays safe and well so we can return to an even bigger and better North West 200 12 months from now.”

Words by Stevie Rial, statement by Coleraine & District Motor Club Ltd

Irish road racing: 'Difficult for some clubs to come back from this'

Armoy road race clerk of the course Bill Kennedy has warned some organising clubs may find it difficult to recover from the fallout of the coronavirus.

"The coronavirus will have a major impact on road racing," said Kennedy.

"There will be implications across the board. There may be teams you never see back again and the same applies to some riders nearing the end of their career.

"All riders, teams and race meetings depend on sponsorship and businesses have been hit really, really hard. The fallout will continue into 2021."
The cancellation of the Armoy races, scheduled for late July, was confirmed on 17 April, with the North West 200, Ulster Grand Prix, Cookstown 100, Tandragee 100 and all races in the Republic of Ireland having already been called off.

The Tandragee 100 was scheduled to celebrate its 60th anniversary next weekend, a week after the Cookstown 100 was due to kick off the Irish road racing calendar.

Tandragee and Armoy aim to return in 2021

"If the race doesn't run we will have to put all our energies into planning for 2021. We will do everything in our power to put this amazing spectacle back on the roads," said Anne.

"It's a very worrying time but it's a sport and we have to be mindful that people's lives are at risk at the moment. That is the most important thing," she added.

"From a financial point of view many of the clubs have already spent thousands of pounds and there is no event so there is no income.

"We don't know how our sponsors who are businesses are going to be affected at the other side of this - we don't know if we will have the same financial backing or not.

"Even though we might not run this year we still have to pay our huge insurance bill which amounts to thousands upon thousands of pounds."

Costs spiralling

Kennedy agrees that "costs have been spiralling every year since the Armoy started in 2009".

"We will try and come back but I will be asking the club members to use their time wisely, examining areas where they could make savings, maybe do things differently," he said.

"We will do our best to come back in 2021 but we face costs of £120,000 year on year and rely heavily on programme sales, subscriptions and sponsorship."

2020 World Roads Calendar Updated

Although the Covid-19 pandemic has wiped out the bulk of events worldwide for 2020, there’s still a fare few road race meetings hoped to take place this year.

This includes the postponed Cookstown 100 and Tandragee 100, Barry Sheene Classic, Summer Cup, Gold Cup at Oliver’s Mount Scarborough, Czech Road Racing at Kopcany, Horice & Dymokury and the Macau Grand Prix.

Here’s how the 2020 road racing calendar is now shaping up, not including cancelled events such as the TT Races, North West 200, Ulster Grand Prix, Southern 100, Manx Grand Prix and Classic TT Races.

18th-19th July Aberdare Park Road Races
25th-26th July Barry Sheene Classic – Oliver’s Mount
1st-2nd August Kopcany
15th-16th August Summer Cup – Oliver’s Mount
15th-16th August IRRC Horice
5th-6th September Dymokury
11th-12th September Cookstown 100 (Subject to approval)
12th-13th September Scarborough Gold Cup – Oliver’s Mount

19th-20th September IRRC Frohburg
25th October Greymouth Street Races
13th-15th November Cain Road Race
19th-22nd November Macau Grand Prix
26th December Cemetery Circuit Races
TBC Tandragee 100

Obviously the above mentioned events taking place will all be down to the Coronavirus situation worldwide improving but it’s extremely positive to note that pure road racing for 2020 isn’t fully finished.

Orritor Circuit Confirmed To Take Centre Stage In September

Positive news road racing fraternity! Cookstown 100 organisers, the Cookstown & District Motorcycle Club have reaffirmed their commitment to running Irish Road Racing’s longest running national road race in September.

As previously widely stated, this year’s Cookstown 100 originally postponed, will take place with a number of restrictions such as smaller groups of fans attending from the 11th-12th of September.

Recently a statement issued via Facebook by the Cookstown & District Motorcycle Club, detailed how 2020 Orritor Circuit competition is shaping up:

“The directors of CDMCC held a meeting this evening in regards to the organisation and preparation for our event scheduled to be held on the 11th & 12th of September 2020.

After discussions with various organisations, it was agreed at the meeting that the club will be running the event with various restrictions in place for 2020.

Due to restrictions which will still be in effect at the timing of when event is due to be held. One tough decision the club have had to make is to run the event as a closed event, with restricted Spectator numbers to accommodate social distancing regulations, allowing limited numbers in vantage points throughout the course. Online pre booked wristband will be available in due course.

We as a club would prefer to have our event run as normal, but in these trying times, we have to take various decisions and make changes for this year at least, to try and bring some road racing for the riders and spectators in 2020 all be it in limited circumstances. But we will continue to work with various organisations and keep the public up to date with any decisions made.

Riders will be aware their entry’s for April will carry forward to September date, and for anyone else who wishes to send their entry’s in, the closing date will be the 18th of July.

As a club we will remain committed to bring some racing in 2020,until we are told otherwise.

Any queries from riders please continue to contact race secretary or Kitty Harland.”

Words by Stevie Rial, statement by Cookstown & District Motorcycle Club

jedno pitanje za upućene u ovu utrku
postoji li nagradni fond i ako da koliki je,
vrlo malo je slobodnih podataka u tom pravcu,tnx

DA-IM said:
jedno pitanje za upućene u ovu utrku
postoji li nagradni fond i ako da koliki je,
vrlo malo je slobodnih podataka u tom pravcu,tnx
https://tbni.blog/2019/04/02/2019-isle-of-man-tt-race-winners-payout/

Sent from my toilet seat using HTC FartPhone

otkazana i La Baneza Grand Prix.

i nesto nevezano za banezu.

Prospective September Cookstown 100 Running Provides Mixed Reaction

There’s been an extremely varied, mixed reaction since the KDM Hire Cookstown 100 organisers reiterated their intention to hold competitive action on the Orritor Circuit in September.

This afternoon, Motorcycling Ireland President Sean Bissett, issued a pretty forthright statement which is largely thought to relate to the topic in hand:

“Motorcycling Ireland announced on March 19th that all its 2020 events are cancelled for the foreseeable future to ease the pressure on the Health and Medical Services in these difficult circumstances.

We are alarmed and annoyed to read that some individual organising clubs within the MCUI (Ulster Centre) are still intending to promote events in this current climate.

They do not have the authority or support of the Motor Cycle Union of Ireland to promote these events in 2020. We also feel that they are bringing our sport unnecessarily into the public spotlight when the governments of Ireland are still trying to keep this epidemic under control.

We have accepted that as for 2020 our motorcycling sport will not be adding any pressure on the various health and public departments throughout Ireland and would hope the Ulster Centre follows that lead as we look forward to joint planning for our return in 2021.”

In addition to the update from Motorcycling Ireland, there’s been countless viewpoints from individuals involved within the inner circle of Irish road racing, stating non positive opinions on Cookstown competition for 2020.

Following the negativity expressed by some on social media, Cookstown & District Motorcycle Club Chairman John Dillon stated last evening, the following:

“After reading so much negativity regarding last night’s announcement, I think it is time to clarify a few things as chairman of this club!

Last night the public were told of ONE change to this year’s event, since then it has been seconded guessed, ridiculed and been questioned right up until I write this post.

Perhaps before the negative opinions carry on, those people should realise there has been ongoing work from beginning of March on the measures which put in place for a September meeting.

While one point was made public, there is a list of over 30 changes to bring in so this event can be run under social distancing regulations along with other measures. So while those out there are posting it won’t run, or it won’t be secured or what about paddock or Spectator areas etc, perhaps criticising the efforts based on ONE change ain’t the best way to do things.

I have had myself being singled out with posts with statements like “obviously he doesn’t understand social distancing” etc, let me tell you on a personal note that I prob more than any of you posting have had to understand and deal with strict measures in my personal life so I am more than aware of what needs done!!

There has been days and weeks spent on planning various changes if the event is to run in Sept from security, changes in race office area, various paddock changes, Spectators, Landowners, land lay out, restricted areas, crowd control, hygiene, programme sellers, road end personnel and a lot more.

So before any more negative comments are posted, think about what is being posted as this has been planned, studied and would only of been put in place firstly as a last resort to bring some racing albeit with restrictions in place and secondly only if it was viable, safe and manageable to organise.

Perhaps it would be better waiting for a proper detailed announcement in the future, rather than assumptions from a single factor in a much greater list of changes which will come in due coarse instead of a club being slated for trying their best to bring an event in 2020.”